Weight Management Evaluation and Treatment
The Weight Management Evaluation begins with an initial medical consultation to review your health issues and discuss your health and treatment goals. The first follow up visit is scheduled 3 to 4 weeks later to review your lab results in detail with you. Additional follow up visits are scheduled at 4 to 6 week intervals depending on progress and medical complexity. When maintenance weight or goals are achieved, follow up visits can be scheduled every 4 to 6 months.
Initial Visit includes a comprehensive assessment (allow approximately 50 minutes):
- Medical History Review
- Symptom Review
- Focused Physical Examination
- Body Composition Measurements using Bioelectric Impedance Analysis
- Hormone Balance Symptom Assessment
- Vitamin and Nutrition Assessment
- Gut Function Symptom Assessment
- Laboratory Tests ordered at this visit. If indicated may also include vitamin, nutrition, and hormone testing based on assessment of your risks. Some patients with heart disease may require a 12 lead EKG.
- Take home initial treatment plan
Follow up Visits (allow approximately 25 minutes):
- Review of all laboratory tests ordered
- Repeat Body Composition Measurements
- Review progress (weight/fat loss) since last visit
- Review and adjust treatment plan if indicated
- Treatment recommendations begin immediately with the first visit and are adjusted or modified at each visit based on your medical issues and/or progress
- Nutrition plan based on your calculated basal metabolic rate and personal preferences
- When medically indicated, your plan may include prescription weight loss medications, nutrition supplements, and/or hormone balance (using bioidentical hormones)
- Follow up medical care is important for maintaining weight loss
What to Bring to Your First Appointment
- Please print the Patient Medical History Form, fill it out, and bring it to your appointment
- Please print, read, and sign the Notice of Privacy Practices form and bring it to your appointment
- Please print, read, and bring the Consent Form, to your appointment.
- Please print, read, and sign the Patient Intake Form, and bring it to your appointment
- [Please note: If you have young children, please arrange childcare so that we can have each other’s undivided attention]
What to Wear to Each Appointment
Please wear loose light weight comfortable clothes to each appointment. Also wear, easy to remove shoes and socks. The body composition measurements require standing barefoot on the body analyzer.
How Much Does It Cost
|New Patient, First Visit
||$225 + NM Tax
|Follow up Visits
||$95 + NM Tax
||$199 + NM Tax
(if not seen in over
Payments accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, Cash, Check
Please note that a $100 deposit is required to HOLD your reserved appointment time for your first appointment. It will be applied towards your first visit.
No Show and Cancellation Policy
|No Show for first visit
|No Show follow up visit
|Cancellation with less than 24 hour notice
|Reschedule with less than 24 hour notice
Other Important Notations:
- Dr. Romero does not provide primary care. It is strongly recommended that you have a primary provider for your routine health care.
- As a courtesy, Dr. Romero can provide a superbill (with diagnosis codes) for you to submit to your insurance. Some insurance plans might reimburse you for some of the costs of weight management. Some expenses can also be submitted to your Flexible Medical Spending Plan. Dr. Romero does not contract or bill insurances directly.
- Laboratory and EKG services are not included in the above charges. Dr. Romero will give you orders for you to take to the lab of your choice or one covered by your insurance.
- Dr. Romero does not dispense medications or nutrition supplements in the office. Many, but not all prescription medications may be covered by your insurance plan.
- There are no contracts or membership fee costs to see Dr. Romero, but timely follow up appointments are required for prescription medication refills.
- There are no guarantees that you will get to your weight loss goals. Medical Weight Loss program results vary between individuals depending on starting weight, medical conditions, and adherence to prescribed treatment plans.