Weight Management Evaluation and Treatment
The Weight Management Evaluation begins with an initial medical consultation to review your health and weight history. Follow up visits are scheduled monthly, thereafter. When maintenance weight or goals are achieved, follow up visits can be scheduled for longer intervals.
Initial Visit includes a comprehensive assessment (allow approximately 50 minutes):
- Medical History Review
- Symptom Review
- Focused Physical Examination
- Body Composition Measurements using Bioelectric Impedance Analysis
- Laboratory Tests may be ordered at this visit (If indicated may also include vitamin, nutrition, and hormone testing based on assessment of your risks). Some patients with heart disease may require a 12 lead EKG. If you have recent lab tests or an EKG, please bring them with you.
- Take home initial treatment plan
Follow Up Visits (allow approximately 25 minutes):
- Repeat Body Composition Measurements
- Review progress (weight / fat loss) since last visit
- Review and adjust treatment plan if indicated
- Treatment recommendations begin immediately with the first visit and are adjusted or modified at each visit based on your medical issues and/or progress
- Nutrition plan is based on your calculated basal metabolic rate and personal preferences
- When medically indicated, your plan may include prescription weight loss medications
- Follow up medical care is important for long term weight maintenance
What to Bring to Your First Appointment
What to Wear to Each Appointment
Please wear light weight comfortable clothes and easy to remove shoes and socks. The body composition measurements require standing barefoot on the scale.
How Much Does It Cost
|New Patient, First Visit (50 minutes)
||$225 + NM Tax
|Each Follow Up Visit (25 minutes)
||$95 + NM Tax
||$199 + NM Tax
(if not seen in over
|KORR Metabolic Test
||$95 + NM Tax
(approximately monthly until at maintenance; longer intervals can be scheduled after maintenance is reached)
- Discover Card
- American Express
Please note that a $100 deposit is required to HOLD your reserved appointment time for your first appointment. It will be applied towards the cost of your first visit.
Deposits are not required for follow-up visits.
Payment in full is due at the time of the visit.
No Show and Cancellation Policy
|No Show for First Visit
A MINIMUM OF 48 HOURS IS REQUIRED FOR RESCHEDULING OR CANCELING A NEW PATIENT VISIT
(Your deposit will not be refunded)
|No Show Follow Up Visit
(More than 1 no show, the patient will be discharged from the clinic)
|Cancellation with less than 24 hour Notice
A MINIMUM OF 24-HOUR NOTICE IS REQUIRED FOR RESCHEDULING OR CANCELING A FOLLOW-UP VISIT TO AVOID A LATE CANCELLATION FEE
(Late Cancellation Fee)
Other Important Notations
- Dr. Romero does not provide primary care. It is strongly recommended that you have a primary provider for your routine health care.
- As a courtesy, Dr. Romero can provide a superbill (medical bill) for you to submit to your insurance. Some insurance plans might reimburse you for some of the costs of weight management. Some expenses can also be submitted to your Flexible Medical Spending Plan. Dr. Romero does not contract with or bill insurances directly.
- Laboratory and EKG services are not included in the above charges. Dr. Romero will give you orders for you to take to the laboratory. These are usually covered by your insurance.
- Dr. Romero does not dispense medications in the office. All prescriptions are sent by a secure electronic prescription program to the pharmacy of your choice. Some prescription medications may be covered by your insurance plan. Discount savings cards are commonly used to help with prescription costs.
- There are no contracts, no membership fees, and no program fees or costs, but timely follow-up appointments with Dr. Romero are required for medical monitoring and prescription medication refills.
- The cost is per office visit (Initial or follow-up) one-on-one consultation with the physician and there are no refunds of the physician fee.
- There are no guarantees that you will get to your weight loss goals. Weight Loss will vary depending on starting weight, medical conditions, adherence to prescribed treatment plans, and individual responsiveness to medications. The bottom line though, we don’t give up!